“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” —William Arthur Ward
In these crazy, dark times, we don’t want to ever take our blessings for granted. There are many things we are grateful for in our lives. Some are big but most are small. We wanted to record a few here…
I (Manasa) am grateful for-
1. Health – of myself and my loved ones. We’ve all come to the realization that there’s no great blessing than good health. It’s very important to treat our bodies with respect and not take them for granted or abuse them till they give up on us.
2. Home- I was always a homebody, but these covid times have made me appreciate our home even more. We are enjoying spending time with the kids on our terrace, surrounded by pots and pots of plants and shaded by Teak, Neem and Coconut trees.
3. Work – My work as a playschool teacher is keeping me busy and creative. I make a lot of videos and worksheets for my babies . Who knew I had it in me to navigate through the nuts and bolts of technology! 🙂
4. Books- My friends tell me they give up on books when the going gets tough, but I can’t imagine my life without books, especially when times are hard. I need a good book as much as or maybe more than good food. Reading keeps me sane and I’m thankful for being able to get my hands on good books.
5. Blogging – Even though we are not very consistent when it comes to our blog, I’m glad we are recording all these memories whenever we can. It makes me so happy when one of our kids is enjoying reading a post.
Situation is much better in Switzerland. We get the chance to visit places around, eat at restaurants and hang out by the lakes. Luckily, we did not have to be in quarantine for a long period like many other countries and for that I am really grateful. Along with getting to spend time with my family, I am grateful for:
1. Working from home: I am glad that our company has given me the opportunity to work from home. I have realized that I can work quite efficiently here. I can take small breaks in between to eat or drink something and I can take calls without any stress..
2. Kindle: I have finished reading almost 25 books this year. Thanks to Kindle, I am able to buy and read books within seconds. Though I love reading actual physical books, the delivery times have increased due to COVID and waiting for them makes me go crazy especially when I don`t have a book to read.
3. Microsoft Teams/ Skype… : Thanks to the latest technology, I am able to connect with my family (at least) virtually. I cannot imagine how the situation was for the people in the past who could not access internet.
4. Summer: It is quite beautiful here now with nice and hot temperatures. We are able to spend time on our boat, swim in the lakes and keep our toddler busy and tired.
5. Longer weekends: As I work partially and have Fridays off, I am able to spend more time with Neel, go shopping or just relax at home.