Some of the things we’ve been doing with our 2 year old during these uncertain times are –
- We have a huge field next to our home. It is usually empty and whenever Mike and I are not working, we like taking long walks while Neel cycles.
2. Trying to keep in touch with my friends and family, especially the ones in Switzerland. We are constantly messaging each other to find out how everyone’s managing their kids at home.
Neel is missing his cousins and friends a lot!
3. It is so difficult to manage a toddler at home, especially being a working mom. I have prepared lots of activities for Neel to play with while I work. Though it doesn`t keep him busy all the time, it certainly helps once in a while.
4. Reading lots of books. I am currently reading Liane Moriarty`s “Nine Perfect Strangers” and I am enjoying it thoroughly.
5. Mike and I sometimes play scrabble after Neel has gone to sleep. I enjoy this so much more than watching TV.
6. Baking!! I have started baking breads, buns and cakes.
7. I began working on another Crochet mandala which I hope to transform into a blanket!
8. As the weather gets better, Mike enjoys working in the garden with Neel. Neel loves to help his papa and tells me “Mama, stay here” (to make sure I don`t disturb them)!
8. I decided to learn something new and ordered materials to learn Hand Lettering. I’m practising my new skill every single day.
Honestly, when we are not working, Mike and I are truly enjoying this time we are getting with Neel. We are very thankful for the life, health and time we are blessed with. The only downside to this whole situation is that we will not be able to visit our family in India as planned. I really hope and wish that we will get to see them all soon.